Load Balancer as a Service (LBaaS) for OpenStack
Transform OpenStack Load Balancer for Advanced Application Services
OpenStack is the defacto choice for open-source cloud orchestration in private cloud deployments due to its programmability, automation, and flexibility. However, OpenStack integration with legacy load balancers still falls short of automation and self-service.
Why? Legacy load balancing appliances are extremely complex to integrate, require manual provisioning and can’t scale on demand. At the same time, open source solutions do not have enterprise-grade features to move workloads into production. As a result, enterprises using OpenStack still need a modern, multi-cloud solution that eliminates the input-driven manual steps and does the heavy lifting with built-in automation and analytics.
The Avi Vantage OpenStack LBaaS Solution
Avi solves these challenges by integrating natively with OpenStack components to deliver a fully orchestrated, self-service driven OpenStack LBaaS architecture. Avi Vantage provides on-demand autoscaling in response to changing performance and load requirements, automated provisioning of L4-L7 services, and web application security resulting in intelligent LBaaS for OpenStack implementations.
In addition, Avi’s App Insights give unparalleled visibility into end-to-end timing, real user metrics, client logs, and much more. With Avi, companies can automate application services while accelerating OpenStack implementation.
Avi LBaaS Solution for OpenStack
Learn how Avi Vantage delivered a fully orchestrated, self-service driven OpenStack networking implementation with multi-cloud automation.
Avi LBaaS and Integration with OpenStack Components
- Native integration with OpenStack Neutron LBaaS, Nova, Keystone and Horizon
- REST APIs for all application services to enable openstack automation
- Full featured software load balancers on any VM or x86 server
- Actionable analytics for application performance and security
- Single point of control for distributed load balancers
- 90% faster application provisioning in OpenStack environments
- Visibility through application insights to ensure optimal performance and faster incident resolution
- Centralized policy control across Openstack private clouds, data centers or public cloud environments
- 50% less TCO compared to legacy application delivery controllers for OpenStack
The setup and usage of Avi was straightforward. It literally took us 20 minutes to get a highly available instance deployed, configured and integrated into our OpenStack cloud, which was awesome.