Support Terms and Conditions
The maintenance and support services (Support Services) provided by Avi Networks, Inc. (Avi Networks) are intended to assist customers with questions and issues related to production use of Avi Networks’ software products (Licensed Products). Support is provided as a part of every subscription license for the Licensed Products. These Maintenance & Support Terms (Terms) set forth Avi Networks’ support responsibilities for the Licensed Products.
- Installation instruction
- Configuration instruction
- Usage instruction
- Instructions for installing updates and patches
- Remote diagnosis of issues
- Bug and enhancement reporting
- Custom reporting
- Custom scripting
- Modifications to Avi Networks’ products
- Comprehensive product training
- Integration of Avi Networks’ products with third-party products
- System or network design
- Hardware or environment support (EG power, cooling, etc.)
- On-site assistance
Support Level Definitions
- Support is provided through knowledge base, portal, and customer community only.
- Avi Networks makes no commitment of any kind with respect to Community Support, including any commitment for the support provision from any member of Avi Networks’ support team.
- Users of Avi Networks’ products rely on Community Support entirely at their own risk, even as to information which is or may appear to be provided by Avi personnel.
- Community Support
- Access to support agents through Avi Networks’ support portal that is available 24x7x365
For 24x7 Support, support agents provide:
- General product information, configuration support, collection of relevant technical problem identification information, filter non-technical problems from technical problems.
- Support problem isolation and product specification defect determination.
- Trace analysis to find the root cause of an error.
- Fixes for product defects or generate workarounds, including any security vulnerabilities identified by Avi Networks or any third party.
- Troubleshooting for defects that Level 2 support is unable to bring to resolution.
Response Targets and Escalation Paths
The provisions of this section apply only to 24x7 support.
Avi Networks and customer will cooperate in efforts to resolve the reported errors. For all reproducible reported errors, Avi Networks will assign a tracking or ticket number, will work to determine the cause of the error, and will make a reasonable effort to provide an explanation, solution, or workaround according to the response times indicated. For the purpose of determining response and solution times, time periods shorter than business days shall be measured only during the hours in which a customer is entitled to access Avi Networks’ support agents based on the support plan purchased by the customer (Support Hours).
Problem severities are as defined below. It is Avi Networks’ policy to work with its customer to establish the severity for a problem. Avi Networks will accept the customer’s determination of the severity level for the purpose of initial response time. Resolution time is subjected to Avi Networks’ verification of the severity level in its reasonable judgment.
Problem Severity Definitions
Severity 1: Application Down – Customer’s production application is unavailable, critically affecting the business operations due to a Licensed Product failure.
Severity 2: Application Functionality Degraded – At least one significant function of the Licensed Product is unavailable, or functionality failure or degraded performance affecting customer’s business operations.
Severity 3: Minimal Application Functionality Impact – The Licensed Product is functioning, but is failing to operate in accordance to the applicable documentation, minimally affecting customer’s business operations.
Severity 4: Informational or Feature Request – Customer requires information or assistance on Licensed Product capabilities, installation, or configuration. Requests related to product feature enhancements for application deployment or business operations.
Response and Escalation
- Avi Networks will provide responses to problem reports, ongoing updates, and resolutions according to the following table:
|Time to Provide Fix/Workaround
|Every 12 hours
|Every 1 Business day
|8 Business days
|Every 3 Business days
|10 Business days
- Avi Networks will escalate unresolved problems according to the table below. Severity 1 problem escalation times are measured in Support Hours. Escalation times for all other severity levels shall be measured only during business days, where a business day shall be measured from the time of the triggering event on the first business day to the same time on the next business day.
|Support Group Lead
|Support Group Lead
|Support Group Lead
|Support Group Lead
Avi Networks will make contact information for the roles in the table above as necessary over the course of an escalation process. Any changes to the initial contacts shall be communicated to the appropriate party as soon as reasonably possible, and/or incorporated into any applicable standard operating procedure document.
General Support Obligations
Avi Networks will regularly update its portal with release notes or other documentation addressing the relevant current Licensed Product information, including solutions or workarounds for known Licensed Product issues.
Avi Networks will have no obligation to provide Support Services if customer is not in compliance with the terms of the agreement between customer and Avi Networks under which customer has the right to use the Licensed Products (the “License Agreement”). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, in order to be eligible to receive Support Services, customer must be current, without lapse, in all amounts due Avi Networks, and the operating environment in which the Licensed Products are installed and operated must comply with Avi Networks’ documentation for the relevant release of the Licensed Products.
Avi Networks may request that the customer reproduce the error, demonstrate to Avi Networks how to reproduce the error or provide log files, diagnostic tests or other investigative support. Customer will comply with all such requests in order to enable Avi Networks to provide the Support Services. Avi Networks may request, and customer will not unreasonably deny access to the computing environment to investigate and attempt duplicating the error. Customer will designate appropriately skilled support personnel who are trained in the use of and are knowledgeable about the Licensed Products and the customer environment in which the Licensed Products operate to be responsible for reporting errors and receiving and implementing corrective actions.
Support Service Exclusions
In addition to conditions under which performance is excused under the License Agreement, Avi Networks will have no obligation to provide Support Services for
(i) Licensed Products modified by customer personnel or by third parties,
(ii) Errors caused by the failure to use the Licensed Products in accordance with the documentation, including by reason of accident, neglect, misuse, or improper configuration or installation by customer personnel,
(iii) Errors caused by failure of or fluctuations in electrical power, hardware, cooling or other elements of the operating environment in which the Licensed Products are installed and operated,
(iv) Customer failure to fulfill their obligations under the License Agreement or these Terms.
Avi Networks will support any major version release of the Licensed Products for a period of eighteen (18) months from its release date (the Version Support Period). A major version release is indicated by an increase in the number to the left of the first decimal point in the version number (e.g, from 16.x.x to 17.x.x), or an increase in the first number to the right of the first decimal point in the version number (e.g, from 16.1.x to 16.2.x). All minor version releases (indicated by increases in numbers to the right of the second decimal point) are treated as part of the associated major version release for the purpose of the Version Support Period. By way of example:
- March 1, 2016: version 16.1 released, Version Support Period for 16.1 begins.
- April 1, 2016: version 16.1.1 released.
- April 15, 2016: version 16.1.2 released.
May 1, 2016: version 16.2 released.
- September 1, 2017: Version Support Period ends for version 16.1, including all 16.1.x versions.
- November 1, 2017: Version Support Period ends for version 16.2, including all 16.2.x versions.
Avi Networks may offer, for a fee, training in the operation, service and maintenance of the License Products at a location mutually and reasonably agreed upon. Customers may, at their own expense, record training for use by customers’ internal personnel, including, but not limited to customers’ contractors, provided that such recordings shall be treated as Avi Confidential Information and customer’s license to such recordings are expressly limited to customer’s internal use.
Support Terms and Termination
Unless otherwise expressly agreed in a writing executed by customer and Avi Networks, Support under these Terms is provided during the term of customer’s subscription to the Licensed Products, and terminates automatically at the end of such subscription term.